Wow. I'm so humbled to be nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Jenelle from Inspiring Wit and Emily from Vintage Chic. In case you are wondering what this Liebster is all about, well, it is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. So it's a little token of gratitude and shows that people out there really do care about what little bit I add to the world.
I got asked quite a few questions, here were my favourites. So let's do this.
1. Which runway show would you like to see most- if you could go to any? Alexander McQueen on the runway would be a dream, I adore the style and love the theatrical aspect in his executions. I would be lost for words if I had the opportunity to experience one of the shows.
2. If you were a character in a TV show, which would it be? Can't beat Donna from Suits! She's funny, intelligent and quick witted. Not to mention she's always the mediator and everyone loves to confide in her when something goes wrong. Plus, who wouldn't want to play a hot red head bombshell. She inspires me to want to change my hair colour back to red.
3. What is your theme song and why? I love this question! Without a doubt it's Beyoncé - Crazy In Love ft. JAY Z. This song just makes me want to get up and start dancing and bouncing all over the place. Booty shaking in denim cut offs is always acceptable to this song. This is such a happy song and it's pretty much a story of my life, I fall in love hard and it's one of the best feelings in the world.
4. What is your favourite blog? My all time favourite blog is Gary Pepper, a blog that I followed from my early days of University. Back then, Nicole was known for her vintage style and I even bought a couple of things from her online store when she was a noob. She has transformed herself into the super chic fashion icon in a matter of a few years and it has really inspired me that all the hard work pays off in the end.
5. Describe your style in three words. Cute, Feminine and Sophisticated
6. What is your favourite online store? It would have to be ASOS. It has everything I ever need and want, from street style items to even vintage one offs. I don't buy everything from there but it's a good starting point for me. I love the fact that I can order something online and I'll receive it in a matter of a few days even though it's coming from the UK. They offer free international shipping and also free returns if you're a member of their premier program--say what?!
7. What was the last fashion item you bought? A beautiful peach coloured leather pencil skirt from the new Zara at Garden City, Perth.
8. What is your must have beauty item? For me it's all about lips. Nothing beats a statement lipstick, I love my Limecrime collection and I also have a few favourites from YSL and MAC.
9. What is your favourite food? My favourite food...now that's like trying to pick your favourite child. It's impossible for me. I love all kinds of food. Sometimes all I want is a big bowl of Mac and Cheese, but at other times I just want a brownie with salted caramel.
10. Describe your ideal Sunday. It would consist of sleeping in and lazing in bed in the morning....I love sleep, it's something I always look forward to at the end of the working week. A brunch date with a friend would be ideal, followed by chilling back listening to records at home and soaking up the sounds while having a cup of madagascan vanilla tea. No makeup, no dressing up. Just being happy.
11. What is your most treasured item in your wardrobe? My YSL arty ring. I remember saving a lot of money to get that bad boy!
Once again, thanks Jenelle and Emily for your nomination, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness. I'd love to nominate a couple of bloggers that I am loving:
My questions are: 1. What is your favourite song from growing up? 2. What is your favourite aspect of blogging? 3. Classic or Quirky? What do you prefer? 4. Where is your favourite place to shop? 5. What is your camera of choice? 6. Black & white vs. Colour. Which one is your fave and why? 7. What is your most memorable moment in fashion? 8. What consists of your daily makeup routine? 9. What is your one piece of advice when it comes to happiness? 10. Early bird or Night Owl? 11. Do you enjoy collecting anything in particular, if so, what is it?
The Liebster Award rules: Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Answer the questions given by the nominator. Nominate other bloggers for the award. Create questions for those nominees to answer. Grab a Liebster Award button for your blog. Let the bloggers know you nominated them! Boo yeah.